How do you ask for your loved one’s hand? Want to surprise them in an original and funny way? In this post we hope to give you some ideas for making your proposal a different and surprising one.
- Rent a public advertising space in a cinema and upload the question.
- She’ll be so surprises seeing the words on the big screen.
- Write a a small ad in your favorite newspaper and make her read it.
- Make a poster with your proposal and hang it where you know your girl passes frequently.
- Create a page on Internet declaring your love. Send her the link to the Internet address.
- Contact the radio program that you know your fiancee listens to daily and ask her on air.
- If you love football or music, make the proposal in the middle of the game or the concert in front of everyone
- At home, make a path of candles that leads her where the ring is.
- Give her a foot massage and put the ring on one of her toes.
- Make the proposal in a place that is special to you both (where you first met, where you first kissed, etc.)
- Cut out the bottom of a big box in order to get yourself inside. Wrap it and put a card that says: What’s inside is a gift for life.
Conquer her through the stomach
- Write it with food: “Will you marry me?”
- Freeze the engagement ring in an ice cube and put it in the drink, she’s drinking (discreetly) when you ask her to marry you. Pray she doesn’t swallow it due to the surprise.
- Surprise her with a basket full of whatever you want. Mind hiding the engagement ring with its little box to it getting lost.
- In a restaurant, ask the chef to write a message in chocolate on her dessert: Will you marry me?
Let her see the child in you
- Invite her to play a game with stones or token; once you’ve been playing for a while, change your stones / token for the ring.
- Fly her a paper plane where you’ve written “Will you marry me?”
- Write your proposal on the windscreen of her car. If it’s cold and there is snow, make a snowman and put the box with the ring “in his hand”.
- Give her a teddy bear and tie the ring to its necklace
Ideas under the sun
- Take a ride on a yacht and ask her marriage when you’re far from the coast.
- While she is sunbathing, write your proposal with shells on the sand.
- Write your marriage proposal on yourself using suntan lotion.
In the air
- Rent a plane that writes your proposition with smoke in the air while making aerobatics.
- Rent a plane pulling a sign with your proposal.
The power of flowers
- Buy her a bouquet of flowers and write your proposal on the card.
Propose in romantic Barcelona!
This article in the Barcelona tourist guide has a lot of ideas!
Our favourites would certainly be the Montjuïc magic fountains, Parc Guell, on the beach, or the Ferris wheel in Tibidabo, Conde Nast traveller lists the most romantic places for a proposal as too!
Check out The 10 Most Romantic Places in the World to Propose, here. However and whereever you choose to propose we wish you a most magical moment!