In this post we hope to give you some ideas for making your proposal a different and surprising one.
- Rent a public advertising space in a cinema and upload the question. She’ll be so surprised seeing the words on the big screen.
- Make a poster with your proposal and hang it where you know your girl passes frequently.
- Create a page on Internet declaring your love. Send her the link to the Internet address.
- Contact the radio program that you know your girl listens to daily and ask her on air.
- At home, make a path of candles that leads her where the ring is.
- Give her a foot massage and put the ring on one of her toes.
- Make the proposal in a place that is special to you both (where you first met, where you first kissed, etc.)
- Cut out the bottom of a big box in order to get yourself inside. Wrap it and put a card that says: What’s inside is a gift for life.
- Put the ring in her pillowcase and wait for her to go to bed. Once she puts her head down she will feel the ring and wonder what it is.
Conquer her through the stomach
- Make her favourite dish and write “Will you marry me?” with the food.
- Freeze the engagement ring in an ice cube and put it in the drink, she’s drinking (discreetly) when you ask her to marry you. Pray she doesn’t swallow it due to the surprise.
- In a restaurant, ask the chef to write a message in chocolate on her dessert: Will you marry me?
- On one of those lazy Fridays when you are watching a movie at home prepare a bowl of popcorn and put the ring down so that she at one point finds it.
Let her see the child in you
- Invite her to play a game with stones or token; once you’ve been playing for a while, change your stones / token for the ring.
- Fly her a paper plane where you’ve written “Will you marry me?”
- Write your proposal on the windscreen of her car.
- If it’s cold and there is snow, make a snowman and put the box with the ring “in his hand”.
- Suggest a game of Scrabble, you might need to cheat a bit to get the board to read exactly the question but for sure she will forgive you.
Ideas under the sun
- Take a ride on a yacht and ask her marriage when you’re far from the coast.
- While she is sunbathing, write your proposal with shells on the sand.
- Write your marriage proposal on yourself using suntan lotion.
In the air
- Rent a plane that writes your proposition with smoke in the air while making aerobatics.
- Rent a plane pulling a sign with your proposal.
Use your talent
- If you are one of the lucky ones who knows how to play an instrument or sing a song beautifully then use it in your proposal. Nothing more romantic than a song or melody just for you.
- Other talents can be used, Whatever you are good at, try to include it in the proposal; cooking, painting, photographing, teach her your talent; like playing golf, tennis, riding a horse etc…
However, and where ever you choose to propose we wish you a most magical moment!
Pearlsandals is a Barcelona wedding Planner Company dedicated to creating special moments in Barcelona, Catalonia and Mallorca for Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, German, Spanish, Catalan and English speaking couples.